1) Login to your wordpress site:
You will find this login page on www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
2) Click + New at the top of your dashboard:
In the dropdown menu, select ‘new post’
3) Edit Title, Content and Add Media or Image:
Now add your content and click preview on the right to see what your post will look like on the web..
4) Add Category, Tags, and Set Featured Image
– The Category is the folder that your blog post gets inserted into for easy finding and filling of your posts i.e. Broad Grouping of content.
– Tags are specific so posts in one category can be filed more specifically within a category. i.e less broad or more specific grouping of content
– The Featured image is the thumbnail that appears when you post the link on an external web page or social media
5) Save Draft to finish the post later or publish to web
6) View Post or Toggle to view Home Page:
Back to your top of screen menu you can toggle between the front end and back end of your website. If you click ‘view post’ you will see a live view of the blog post. If you click your website name on the top left, you will be taken to the home page live view.
Congratulations you have published your first blog post. If you have any comments or issues please post them in the comments box below!
Latest posts by Carol (see all)
- Getting sorted with your Tags and Categories in WordPress - August 26, 2016
- Backup to Dropbox. Backup your site in five minutes! WordPress Plugin Review - August 2, 2015